We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy
sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website,
such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length
of visit and number of page views
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in
relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make
of our goods or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website
services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
- And any other information
a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the
server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web
server to identify and track the web browser.
We may send a cookie which might be stored on by your browser on your computer’s
hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration
of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website,
and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse/accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer
you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and
selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have
a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal data
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send to you goods/services purchased via the website, and supply to you services
purchased via the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business
(or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of
interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email
or similar technology - you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing
communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information
will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- And other uses
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any
third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing
information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are
(or are contemplating) selling
to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between
any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred
to countries (including the United States, Japan, and some other countries) which
do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union.
You expressly agree to such transfers.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the
loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All
electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot
guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We
will not ask you for your password.
our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are satisfied
with any changes.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by
email to email@example.com at any time. In practice, you will usually either
expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes,
or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal
data for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the
privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
data, please write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org